– Applicants should be under 40 years of age as of Sep 1, 2020 (born after Sep 1, 1980).
– Applicants should have CGPA (Cumulative Grade Point Average) equivalent to or higher than 80 on a 100 point scale.
– Those who have obtained a bachelor’s, a Master’s, or a doctoral degree in Korea are not eligible to apply. (Those who have studied in a Korean university as exchange students or visiting students are eligible to apply.)
– GKS grantees will take a Korean language program for a year before beginning their degree program.
– GKS grantees will be provided with monthly stipend of 1,000,000 won for 3 years (1 year of Korean language training + 2 years of a Master’s degree program) or 4 years (1 year of Korean language training + 3 years of a doctoral degree program) as well as airfare, health insurance, etc.
Please note that unlike our usual graduate recruitment which require applicants to have Korean language proficiency equivalent to or higher than TOPIK level 4, students who do not have sufficient Korean language proficiency are eligible to apply for the GKS program.
Applicants should submit required documents (an application form, personal statement, research plan, 2 letters of recommendation, certificate of graduation, official transcripts, etc.) by post or in person no later than 17:00 Fri 13 March.
More details can be found at:
– 영어 안내문(Announcement in English) : http://intl.aks.ac.kr/english/